Curb appeal does not simply apply to the front of your house. Your driveway plays an important role as well and should welcome guests to your home. A worn out, pothole-riddled driveway is neither attractive, nor welcoming. Repairing a few details, however, makes your home more appealing to potential buyers and gets your home sold fast.
1. Cracks: Every drive develops cracks with time, particularly in areas with harsh winters or intense summer heat. Clean out any weeds, leaves, or debris from the crack and, as Better Homes and Gardens suggests, use a high pressure washer to clean the area. Many home improvement super stores sell concrete repair kits to fill the crack and get your driveway looking new again.
2. Potholes: Potholes are pretty much a sin in real estate. They are the anti-curb appeal. The reason is that when potential buyers bounce up and down in your pothole as they drive up to your home, they wonder if the rest of your home is in such a state of disrepair as your driveway is. It colors their opinion of your home before they even enter. You do not want to give them any excuses to not buy your home. Call in the professionals to get those fixed with pothole patches, and fast.
3. Pressure Wash: Concrete drives get dirty. Oil stains, tire marks, and even green algae and mold can discolor your driveway. Luckily, this is an easy fix on a Saturday afternoon. Many hardware stores sell a concrete wash that you can use in conjunction with a pressure washer to clean your concrete driveway, sidewalk, and patio and return them to their original state.
4. Pavers: If you want to dress up your simple concrete driveway to blow away your real estate competition, you can have brick pavers installed along the edges of your driveway. These ribbons of brick can add both curb appeal and value to your home.
5. Salt Burn: While not specifically something you need to do to your driveway, salt burn is a by-product of taking care of your driveway during the winter months. Applying rock salt to icy spots on your driveway creates a safer surface to drive and walk on in the winter, but it wrecks havoc on your grass. Unfortunately, the grass will not simply grow back. Take the time to dig up the burnt areas of your lawn that line your driveway and re-seed it.Share
26 July 2016
Hello. My name is Don Watkins. Welcome to my website about concrete structures. Concrete is a highly versatile material used to create anything from driveways to tall buildings. Working with concrete requires a particular skill set and equipment knowledge. The concrete has a quick setting time, so professionals have to rapidly pour, form and smooth out the mixture before it sets. There are many ways to create the desired structure, so my site will explore each method used by concrete contractors. I invite you to come along on this journey to learn more about concrete structures. Please feel free to drop by anytime.